Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
Design of Timber Roofs
The RX‑TIMBER Roof stand‑alone program performs the ultimate and serviceability limit state design as well as fire resistance design of monopitch and duopitch roofs according to EN 1995‑1‑1.
- Design of the following roof types:
- Flat roof
- Monopitch roof
- Duopitch roof (symmetrical / asymmetrical)
- Definition of any additional support and free selection of degrees of freedom (additional free definition of translational and rotational spring stiffness of supports and hinges)
- Arrangement of up to five collar/tie beams including intermediate support for duopitch roof
- Automatic generation of wind and snow loads
- Automatic generation of required combinations for the ultimate and serviceability limit state as well as fire resistance design (additional definition of several member and nodal loads)
- For design according to EC 5 (EN 1995), the following National Annexes are available:
- DIN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 (Germany)
- NBN EN 1995-1-1/ANB:2012-07 (Belgium)
- BDS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2012-02 (Bulgaria)
- DK EN 1995-1-1/NA:2011-12 (Denmark)
- SFS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2007-11 (Finland)
- NF EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-05 (France)
- I.S. EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-03 (Ireland)
- UNI EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Italy)
- NEN EN 1995-1-1/NB:2007-11 (Netherlands)
- ÖNORM B 1995-1-1:2015-06 (Austria)
- PN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Poland)
- SS EN 1995-1-1 (Sweden)
- STN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2008-12 (Slovakia)
- SIST EN 1995-1-1/A101:2006-03 (Slovenia)
- CSN EN 1995-1-1:2007-09 (Czech Republic)
- BS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2009-10 (United Kingdom)
- CYS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2011-02 (Cyprus)
- Simple geometry input with illustrative graphics
- Input of tapered cantilevers with cut-to-grain on the bottom side of rafters
- Extensive material library that can be extended by user-defined materials
- Determination of design ratios, support forces, and deformations
- Color reference scales in result tables
- Direct data export to MS Excel
- Program languages: English, German, Czech, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, Dutch and Russian
- Verifiable printout report including all required designs. Printout report available in many output languages, for example English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Polish, Portuguese, Chinese or Dutch.
- Design of the following roof types:
There are various options available for modeling a roof. Graphical representations facilitate the geometry input. Modifications are updated automatically.
In addition, it is possible to consider cross‑section weakening on supports. Optionally, you can define if the design of support pressure on the rafter side should be performed.
Permanent loads (for example roof structure) can be entered using the comprehensive and extendable material library. Loads due to cantilevers and collars/ties can be entered separately. The integrated generators allow for comfortable generation of various wind and snow load cases. You can manually add any concentrated and distributed loads.
For checking purposes, the load cases are displayed graphically and included in automatically generated combinations according to EC 5. Thus, the input is reduced to a minimum. For stability analysis and serviceability limit state design, you can change the data manually, for example to ignore the SLS of cantilevers (roof overhang).
In RX-TIMBER Roof, the following calculation settings are possible:
- Selection of the designs to be performed (ULS, SLS, fire resistance)
- Determination of displaying support forces and deformations
- Adjusting the recommended limit values for the serviceability limit state
- Specification of parameters for the fire resistance design to be performed in compliance with the simplified method
- Increasing strengths according to EN 1995‑1‑1, Clause 3.2
After the calculation, the results of performed designs including all required intermediate values are displayed in clearly arranged result tables sorted by various criteria. Since the program displays the intermediate values in detail, transparency of all designs is ensured. It is possible to display the distribution of internal forces for each x-location of the beam in a separate graphical window. Here, both the deformations and the individual internal forces can be displayed.
Designs with design details and selected result diagrams can be added in the printout report providing clearly arranged documentation. The printout report can include graphics, descriptions, drawings, and more. Moreover, it is possible to select which calculation data will be covered in the printout.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Customers who bought this product also bought
Timber design of single-span and wide-span glulam beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of simple, continuous and Gerber beams with or without cantilever according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of rectangular and circular columns according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of coupled purlins and continuous beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of three-hinged frames with finger joint connections according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of stiffening truss bracing according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052