Check out these tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Member Type "Surface Model"
First Steps with RFEM
Can you use some support? The "surface model" member type helps you to simulate a member as a surface model in the overall model.
This feature provides you with the following:
- Quick input using a member with a cross-section
- Simulation of openings in the web
- Simultaneous output of the member and surface results
- Design of member results in the add-on
- Consideration of a real stress distribution
Use the surface member for the following applications, among others:
- Castellated beams
- Perforated beams
- Beams with rectangular openings
- Vierendeel truss
Dlubal Product Feature Member Surfaces Castellated Beam Vierendeel Truss Product Description of Feature Product Feature Dlubal Software Feature RFEM 6 RSTAB 9 Dlubal Software
Do you have any questions about our products or which are best suited for your design projects? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum, or search the FAQ page, available 24/7.
Linear Critical Load Analysis Using Finite Strip Method (FSM)
This article presents the linear critical load analysis of cross-sections in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9.