Model to Download
Membrane structure supported on 4 internal columns
- Software for Form-Finding and Cutting Patterns of Membrane Structures
- Analysis & Design Software for Tensile Membrane Structures
The form-finding process in RF‑FORM‑FINDING displaces the corner nodes of FE elements of a membrane surface in space until the defined surface stress is in equilibrium with the boundary conditions. This displacement is independent of the element geometry. In the case of elements with four corner nodes, the free displacement may cause spatial drilling in the element plane and thus exceed the validity limits of the calculation, and therefore triangular elements are generally recommended for form‑finding systems. Triangular elements remain independent of the corner node displacement and stay within the calculation limitations.
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Why does the form-finding not work for the "Cable on Pulleys" member type?
- Why does the command "Calculate all" not calculate the results for load cases with the action category "Form-finding"?
- Is it possible to perform the form-finding of membranes regardless of the semi-rigid supporting structure?
- Why does RFEM find no equilibrium for an upward load on a membrane roof curved downwards?
- What is the easiest way to simulate a cushion for the RF‑FORM‑FINDING add‑on module?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?