Cantilever with Nonlinear Material Behavior
Model to Download
In the 'Material Model - Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic' window, you can select the yield laws according to von Mises, Tresca, Drucker-Prager and Mohr-Coulomb yield rules. Using these rules, it is possible to describe the elasto-plastic material behavior.
This model was used for explanation.
Model Used in
In the "Material Model - Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic" window, you can select the yield laws according to von Mises, Tresca, Drucker-Prager and Mohr-Coulomb yield rules. Using these rules, you can describe the elasto-plastic material behavior.
Window '1.1 General Data' for Serviceability Limit State with Settings for Nonlinear Calculation According to 
The number of degrees of freedom in a node is no longer a global calculation parameter in RFEM (6 degrees of freedom for each mesh node in 3D models, 7 degrees of freedom for the warping torsion analysis). Thus, each node is generally considered with a different number of degrees of freedom, which leads to a variable number of equations in the calculation.
This modification speeds up the calculation, especially for models where a significant reduction of the system could be achieved (e.g. trusses and membrane structures).
- When defining my material, I get Warning No. 1136 and cannot continue working. How can I prevent this warning?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- Why is it not possible to change the solving method for the equation system of my model?
- How can I incrementally apply the load of a load case to the model?
- After importing an .stp file, my model is unstable. What can be the reason for this?
- When entering a new material using the Diagram definition type, the first row is locked. How can I define the material?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2017 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Can I define nonlinear supports by using tables?
- Where can I find the RF‑CONCRETE NL add-on module? How can I activate it?