Reinforced Concrete Building
Model to Download
This model was used to explain a better displaying of the load distribution in the Results navigator, applied for graphical coloring of the 2D FE elements, and displaying the corresponding values in the adjacent color panel.
Model Used in
- Views 142x
- Downloads 36x
- Updated 29 March 2021
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- For line releases, I obtain the resultants in the horizontal direction, which I cannot understand.
- When evaluating the support reactions of a plate supported by line supports, I noticed that the support reaction pz' does not correspond to the shear force and deviates significantly. What is the reason?
- When I apply an area load to a surface with an opening, the load is not not accounted for at the opening. Is it possible to automatically consider the area load as a line load around the opening perimeter?
- It is not possible in my model to create a rib on some lines. Several error messages appear.
- Is it also possible to determine stiffnesses of an existing column instead of a fixed nodal support?
- I just have to calculate an open hall with low roof loads and relatively high wind loads compared to it. In theory, a design of the bottom flange for buckling/toppling would have to be performed. Unfortunately, there is no combination of 1.0 * G +1.5 * W.
- For the foundation design, I need the results (support reactions) of a design situation for "static equilibrium." How do I get them?
- How is it possible to enter the values for skin friction and pile end resistance during displaying of bored piles when designing member elastic foundations in the program?
- I would like to select a material of the masonry type in the material library. Why is the library empty in the Masonry category?
- How do I get the largest column load in my RFEM 3D model?