Reinforced Concrete Foundations
Model to Download
This model was used to explain the various graphical representations of the foundation dimensions in RFEM and RSTAB.
Model Used in
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- How is the static depth d calculated in the bending design of block foundations (calculation as equivalent beams)?
- How can I enter the earth covering of a bucket foundation up to 10 cm below the top edge of the bucket in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Which theoretical approaches are used in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro for pocket foundations with rough bucket sides to divide the forces and moments and carry out the reinforcement layout?
- Does the program check the lap length of the vertical stirrups of a block foundation with smooth bucket sides?
- Can I only apply an impact load to the bucket instead of the entire foundation?
- Is it possible to reinforce a foundation with a pure reinforcing bar?
- I have to perform a recalculation of a foundation in the existing structure and looking for design according to DIN 1045 or DIN 1054 for this. In RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro, there is only the Eurocode available to me. Do you have any other module for the foundation design?
- Why is it possible to switch off the individual designs in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro? This entails a risk to the user of switching off certain designs "by mistake" and designing a foundation undersized under certain circumstances?
- I have a foundation kept in one direction (X- or Y-direction) by connected ice walls (tie beams). From the determination of internal forces in RFEM, I get the horizontal support forces in the X- and Y-direction. This is correct. However, the foundations in the X‑direction are supported due to the ice walls. Is it possible to "switch off" or neglect the support reaction from RFEM for the foundation design in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- I would like to save the foundations with certain dimensions as a template in the database. Is it possible? The button for this is disabled in the '1.2 Geometry' dialog box.