Model to Download
This model was used to explain the total displacement of result combinations.
Model Used in
- FEA Software RFEM | Automatic Generation of Combinations
- Structural Frame & Truss Analysis Software RSTAB | Automatic Generation of Combinations
Determination of the degree of restraint of the column ends taking into account the stiffness of the connected beams
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- What is the critical load factor and how is it possible to determine it?
- The online service "Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps" displays the snow load zones 1*, 1a*, 2*, and 3* for Germany. Where are these snow load zones defined?
- Does it make a difference for the calculation of a load combination whether the calculation according to theory I or II for a contained load case. OK?
- I am trying to design an open, unsymmetric aluminum cross-section in RF‑/ALUMINUM and I am get the warning "Non-designable - 1022) General cross-section — Check of stability is not available." What is the reason?
- Why are the equivalent member designs grayed out in the Stability tab when activating the plastic designs by using the partial internal force method (RF‑/STEEL Plasticity)?
- Does RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro work independently, without the main program?
- During the calculation, I get an error message in RFEM with the Error No. 1639, or in RSTAB with the Error No. 1640 "Member No. XY | | Member hinges No. YZ are freely rotable about the x-axis. Please check this in Table 1.17 (or 1.7 in RSTAB) or another related table." How can I solve this problem?
I have modeled a continuous beam. One of the supports should only act as of the deformation of 10 mm. How can I set such a nonlinearity?
- I have used the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module to generate the governing result combinations of seismic loads. What is the next procedure to perform the design of the individual structural components?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?