Flexible Composite Beam as Framework Model
Model to Download
This model was used to show how - in addition to the standardized gamma method - one can display flexibly connected beams as a truss model.
Model Used in
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
Besides the standardized gamma method, you can display the semi-rigid composite beams also as a framework model.
Influence of shear deformation on the total deformation for single -span beams with rectangular cross -sections
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Is it possible to model a semi-rigid composite beam with a line release using members in RFEM?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Pellentesque arcu. Nulla pulvinar eleifend sem. Fusce consectetuer risus a nunc.
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
- How is it possible to display the main support direction graphically in RF‑LAMINATE?
- Is it possible to create a second design case in RF‑LAMINATE?