Steel Truss Made of Hollow Sections
Model to Download
Download the model of a steel truss made of hollow sections here and open it with the structural frame and truss analysis software RSTAB.
This model will be applied in the free webinar "Efficient BIM Connection of RSTAB/RFEM and IDEA StatiCa" on July 16, 2021.
Model Used in
In RF-/STEEL EC3, sets of members are calculated according to the General Method (EN 1993-1-1, Cl. 6.3.4) together with the stability analysis. To do this, it is necessary to determine the correct support conditions for the equivalent structure with four degrees of freedom.
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the design add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- Why are the equivalent member designs grayed out in the Stability tab when activating the plastic designs by using the partial internal force method (RF‑/STEEL Plasticity)?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. Once I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Is it possible to transfer properties, such as the cross-section, or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface, of an existing element to a new element?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- I would like to perform a stability analysis of the upper flange in a long truss. What is the best way to proceed?
- How does the activation of the precamber imperfection work?