Membrane Structure | Conical Shape
Model to Download
Tensile membrane structure shape calculated in RFEM, software for static analysis.
Model Used in
This article shows how to manage the input data for member and surface design configurations within the Stress-Strain Analysis add-on.
Compared to the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module (RFEM 5), the following new features have been added to the Form-Finding add-on for RFEM 6:
- Specification of all form-finding load boundary conditions in one load case
- Storage of form-finding results as initial state for further model analysis
- Automatic assignment of the form-finding initial state via combination wizards to all load situations of a design situation
- Additionally form-finding geometry boundary conditions for members (unstressed length, maximum vertical sag, low-point vertical sag)
- Additional form-finding load boundary conditions for members (maximum force in member, minimum force in member, horizontal tension component, tension at i-end, tension at j-end, minimum tension at i-end, minimum tension at j-end)
- Material type "Fabric" and "Foil" in material library
- Parallel form-findings in one model
- Simulation of sequentially building form-finding states in connection with the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) Add-On
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures". What do I need for this?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- In connection with a calculation according to the large deformation analysis, I get significantly smaller deformations than for a calculation according to the linear static or second-order analysis. How is this possible?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Why does the form-finding not work for the "Cable on Pulleys" member type?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2015 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Why does the "Calculate All" command not calculate the results for the load cases with the "Form-Finding" action category?
- Why does RFEM not find the equilibrium for a load directed upwards on a membrane roof curved downwards?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?