Rod stress analysis
Model to Download
The effects due to snow load are described in the American standard ASCE/SEI 7-16 and in Eurocode 1, Parts 1 through 3. These standards are implemented in the new RFEM 6 program and the Snow Load Wizard, which serves to facilitate the application of snow loads. In addition to this, the most recent generation of the program allows the construction site to be specified on a digital map, thus allowing the snow load zone to be imported automatically. These data are, in turn, used by the Load Wizard to simulate the effects due to the snow load.
After the calculation, the maximum stresses and stress ratios are displayed sorted by sections, members/surfaces, member sets, or x-locations. In addition to the tabular result values, the corresponding cross-section graphic with stress points, stress diagram, and values is displayed as well. The design ratio can be related to any kind of stress type. The current location is highlighted in the RFEM/RSTAB model.
In addition to the tabular evaluation, it is possible to graphically check the stresses and design ratios on the RFEM/RSTAB model. It is possible to individually adjust the colors and values.
Result diagrams of a member or set of members facilitate targeted evaluation. Furthermore, you can open the respective dialog box of each design location to check the design-relevant section properties and stress components of any stress point. You can print the corresponding graphic including all design details.
- Is it possible to display the deformation analysis of a surface (limit 0.5‰)?
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- How can I optimize cross-sections within the steel design?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?