This structural analysis model available for download may be used for learning or testing purposes. There is no guarantee or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the model.
Model to Download
Download the model of a timber hall here and open it with the FEA software RFEM.
This model is used in the free webinar "Modeling and Design of Timber Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9" on November 11, 2021 (English, November 9, 2021, in German).
Model Used in
- Event 002409 | Modeling and Design of Timber Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Event 002410 | Model and Design Timber Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Event 002473 | Modeling and Design of Timber Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Video 002960 |
- Video 002970 | Model and Design Timber Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Video 003009 | Merry Christmas 2021
- Views 723x
- Downloads 84x
- Updated 8 March 2022
- Number of Nodes 57
- Number of Lines 99
- Number of Members 96
- Number of Surfaces 2
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 4
- Number of Load Combinations 29
- Number of Result Combinations 0
- Total Weight 4.749 t
- Dimensions 14,000 x 5,800 x 20,000 m
Stability Design of Tapered Timber Girder in RFEM 6 According to the Equivalent Member Method
The new RFEM software generation provides the option to perform stability design of tapered timber members in line with the equivalent member method. According to this method, the design can be performed if the guidelines of DIN 1052, Section E8.4.2 for variable cross-sections are met. In various technical literature, this method is also adopted for Eurocode 5. This article demonstrates how to use the equivalent member method for a tapered roof girder.