Model to Download
Download the model of a conical membrane here and open it with the finite element program RFEM.
- Views 135x
- Downloads 6x
- Updated 5 August 2022
- Number of Nodes 108
- Number of Lines 162
- Number of Members 54
- Number of Surfaces 54
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 1
- Number of Load Combinations 0
- Number of Result Combinations 0
- Total Weight 0.245 t
- Dimensions 109.696 x 6.000 x 49.397 m
RFEM 6 includes the Form-Finding add-on to determine the equilibrium shapes of surface models subjected to tension and members subjected to axial forces. Activate this add-on in the model's Base Data and use it to find the geometric position in which the prestress of lightweight structures is in equilibrium with the existing boundary conditions.
How do I create a user-defined fabric?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- Although I modeled two identical systems, I got a different shape. Why?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF‑FORM‑FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures". What do I need for this?