RF-PIPING Add-on Module for RFEM
Modeling Pipeline Networks
The RF‑PIPING module is an extension of the RFEM user interface that allows modeling and loading pipelines conforming to standards.
It is possible to define specific piping components (pipes, fittings, flanges, valves, etc.) affecting the calculation. Furthermore, integration in RFEM facilitates the interaction between a supporting structure and the piping. By this and by considering the flexibility of the supporting structure in pipelines, realistic piping design is possible.
The module provides the basis for piping design in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module.
- Graphical input of pipelines and piping components
- Illustrative visualization of pipelines and piping components in RFEM graphic window
- Comprehensive libraries for piping cross‑sections and materials
- Comprehensive libraries for flanges, reducers, and tees
- Consideration of piping structure (insulation, lining, tin‑plate)
- Automatic calculation of stress intensification factors and flexibility factors
- Specific piping action categories for load cases
- Optional automatic combinatorics of load cases
- Selection of linear elastic or thermal elastic material behavior (temperature dependent material properties)
- Consideration of elongation and straightening due to pressure (Bourdon effect)
- Interaction between a supporting structure and a pipeline
Working with RF-PIPING
After activating the RF‑PIPING add‑on module, a new toolbar is available in RFEM and the project navigator and tables are extended. Piping modeling is performed in a similar way as members. Pipe bends are defined by using tangents (straight pipe sections) and bend radius at the same time. Thus, it is easy to subsequently change bend parameters.
Continuous pipe sections are defined as sets of pipelines. For piping loads, member loads are assigned to the respective load cases. The combination of loads is included in piping load combinations and result combinations. After the calculation, you can display deformations, member internal forces and support forces graphically or in tables.
Pipe stress analysis according to standards can then be performed in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module. You only need to select the relevant sets of pipelines and load situations.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)