- The online training provides solutions to current questions.
- Our speakers have many years of practical experience and are experts in their field.
- Gain valuable program insight for increased company efficiency and decreased overhead costs.
- You have no additional costs for travel, accommodation, etc.
RFEM for Students | Part 1
Online Training Information
Why an online training?
With this online group training, you will learn the basics and structure of the software, so that you will then be able to model and calculate simple structural structures.
Date | Time
Basic principle of FEM
Explanation and definition of the finite element method
Schematic sequence of an FEM calculation
Introduction to the RFEM 5 program
Structure and basic work with RFEM 5
How a project works
Explanation of the user interface
Introductory example: continuous plate
Comparison of beam element and surface element
Modeling two-field beams
Modeling rectangular plate
Stability analysis: Euler case 1
Modeling a cantilever
Calculation of the critical buckling load
Calculation of the buckling length
Modeling and stability analysis
Difference between 2D and 3D calculation
CostsFree of charge for students provided that a current valid certificate is sent to email@example.com
NotesThe online training requires a fast and reliable internet connection.
After the event, each participant will find the models, video recordings and training documents presented in the training on our website. The website link will be sent by email after the training.
This allows the participant to go through and understand the training step by step by means of the models.
After completing the training, each participant receives a certificate.
Daniel Dlubal, M.Sc.
COO of Dlubal Software GmbH
Mr. Dlubal oversees the operational business and is responsible for German human resources. He also works in marketing and sales.
Do you have any questions about a group training course? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum.
If you are interested in a specific topic not included in a group training, consider an Individual Training.Individual Training
"I have watched the webinar recording "Design of Cross-laminated Timber Panels (CLT) According to Eurocode 5" on YouTube and I am impressed by about the program and the very good presentation.
Determination, implementation and displaying wind flow around structures/objects using digital wind tunnel.
The calculation is now optimized utilizing a multi-core processor technology. It enables parallel calculations of linear load cases and load combinations by several processors without additional demands on the RAM: The stiffness matrix has to be created only once. Thus, even large systems can be calculated with the fast direct solver.
For models where many load combinations have to be calculated, several solvers (one per core) are started in parallel. Each solver then calculates a load combination. This leads to a better utilization of the cores.
The development of the deformation is displayed in a diagram during the calculation. This allows for good assessment of the convergence behavior.
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- When converting from the manual definition of reinforcement areas to the automatic arrangement of reinforcement according to Window 1.4, the result of the deformation calculation differs, although the basic reinforcement has not been modified. What is the reason for this change?
- I would like to define a line support with ineffective tension and apply the tension force on this line by using a nodal support instead. Why does the line support still receive a tension force?
- Why do I get a discontinuous area in the distribution of internal forces? In the area of the supported line, the shear force VEd shows a jump, which does not seems to be plausible.
- Where can I find detailed information about orthotropy mentioned in the manual?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- How can I model a thickened area of my concrete slab in RFEM such as a drop panel?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements