We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 003064 | Where can I enter distances of crane axes?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionWhere can I enter distances of crane axes?
The distances of crane axes can be entered in Window "1.4 Loading" under the crane parameters, depending on the number of crane axes, see Figure 01.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
In CRANEWAY 8, it is possible to design suspension cranes according to EN 1993-6. For the design, it is necessary to determine the local bending stresses in the lower flange due to wheel loads according to EN 1993‑6, Clause 5.8.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is it possible to design intermittent welds in the CRANEWAY add-on module?
- Is it necessary to enter the loads of a crane for each axle or wheel in the table of crane loads in Window 1.4?
- Is it possible to design a crane runway girder without stiffeners on supports in CRANEWAY?
- How can I obtain internal forces, calculated in CRANEWAY, for a special x-location?
- Where can I enter distances of crane axes?
- How do I change the preset partial factors in CRANEWAY?
- When doing a calculation, I activated the 'Detailed Calculation' option. Have the support loads already been specified with the reduced dynamic coefficient for dimensioning the substructure?
- What do the abbreviations for the crane loads in the add-on module KRANBAHN mean?
- I have defined springs on the upper flange of my crane runway beam laterally. Now, the allowable deformity is calculated on the distance of the springs, how can I change it?
- Can I use the resulting support forces directly for further calculations?