We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 003350 | During the calculation in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro, I receive an error message saying that the foundation dimension is less than twice the eccentricity. Why? And what can I do?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionDuring the calculation in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro, I receive an error message saying that the foundation dimension is less than twice the eccentricity. Why? And what can I do?
In the case of a ground failure analysis or soil contact stress analysis, the "equivalent surface" is determined in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro in order to calculate the soil contact stress.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is it also possible to perform the crack width analysis according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Section 7.3, in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Where on the foundation is the load applied in the design with FOUNDATION Pro?
- I cannot open the dialog box for entering the soil profile in FOUNDATION Pro anymore. Why?
- How can I enter the earth covering of a bucket foundation up to 10 cm below the top edge of the bucket in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Which principles are used for the design of the lap length performed in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro? And can I deactivate this design?
- Can I somehow verify the bending moment from the integration of contact stresses determined in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro?
- Which theoretical approaches are used in RF‑/FOUNDATION Pro for pocket foundations with rough bucket sides to divide the forces and moments and carry out the reinforcement layout?
- How do I activate the earth covering (permanent)? The corresponding check box is deactivated.
- I have activated the settlement calculation in FOUNDATION Pro, but cannot export the determined stiffnesses of nodal supports. Why not?
- Is is correct that the allowable soil pressure has to be entered as the characteristic value in Window 1.1 General Data of FOUNDATION Pro? Will be the design value determined automatically?