We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 004283 | How can I deactivate an authorized RWIND Simulation license based on a software key ...
First Steps with RFEM
How can I deactivate an authorized RWIND Simulation license based on a software key on a single‑user computer offline via e‑mail?
- Run RWIND Simulation "As Administrator." To do this, right-click the RWIND Simulation icon and select "Run As Administrator."
Figure 01 - Program Start
- Select the "RWIND Simulation - License and Authorization" function in the "Help" menu.
Figure 02 - License and Authorization Settings
This opens the "RWIND Simulation 1.xx Authorization Status" dialog box.
- Check in the "RWIND Simulation 1.xx Authorization Status" dialog box if an active software key authorization is available. This is the case if the "Software Key" option is selected in the "Authorization Method" section, and an active authorization is indicated by a green dot in the "Authorization Status" section.
Figure 03 - Authorization Status
If the check is negative, and a red dot is displayed, no RWIND Simulation license based on a software key is activated on the single-user computer. As a result, no license can also be deactivated.
If the requirements mentioned above are met, click the "Deactivate via E‑Mail" button. The "Deactivation of RWIND Simulation" dialog box appears.
- The "Deactivation of RWIND Simulation" dialog box explains the deactivation process.
Select the "Deactivate RWIND Simulation Now" function.
Figure 04 - E-mail Deactivation
This opens the "RWIND Simulation 1.xx" dialog box.
- In the "RWIND Simulation 1.xx" dialog box, click "Yes" to confirm the license deactivation.
Figure 05 - Confirmation Prompt
After the successful deactivation, you will receive a confirmation message. Now, you can only use the program in the demo mode.
The "Deactivation of RWIND Simulation" dialog box opens again.
- The deactivation code is now displayed in the "Deactivation of RWIND Simulation" dialog box. Copy this text block to the Windows clipboard with the "Copy to Clipboard" function and then paste the code into a blank e‑mail with [Ctrl]+[V] or the Windows paste function. Send this email to email@example.com to complete the license deactivation.
Figure 06 - Sending Deactivation Code
With this code, we document a proper deactivation in our system.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.