We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
RFEM 5 Tutorial for Beginners | 003 User Interface - Configuration and Control
First Steps with RFEM
In this video you will get an insight into the user interface of RFEM 5. We will explain the configuration and control of the program.
After the video you will better understand the structure of the program.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
Product Features Articles
If the check box "Number of load increments" is deactivated, the number of load increments will be determined automatically in RFEM to solve nonlinear tasks efficiently.
The used method is based on a heuristic algorithm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
- I have modeled two nodes on a surface in RFEM. The results do not show the displacement at these two nodes. How can I obtain it?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- How do I display the nodal displacements graphically?
- Are silos/tanks possible to export from RFEM into Revit?
- In connection with the calculation according to Theory III. Order, I get significantly smaller deformations than when calculating according to Theory I. or II. Order. How is this possible?
- Is it possible to also have RFEM output the area of each finite element along with its location?