We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Modeling with RFEM 5 | 002 Cantilever Beam
First Steps with RFEM
This video shows the modeling of a cantilever beam by means of various dialog options.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
In the "Material Model - Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic" window, you can select the yield laws according to von Mises, Tresca, Drucker-Prager and Mohr-Coulomb yield rules. Using these rules, you can describe the elasto-plastic material behavior.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I can't import the cross-section from the dxf file into the SHAPE-THIN program correctly, the cross-section is drawn to the wrong plane when importing. What can I do?
- I would like to calculate and design "Temporary Structures". What do I need for this?
- How can I create a twisted beam in RFEM?
- I have installed Rhino 7. When trying to export the model to RFEM, the data are not transferred. What do I wrong?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?
- I would like to import a large, curved surface from Rhino into RFEM, but I get the following error message: "Command: ExportToRFEM5. Nodes compare tolerance is set too low. You could adjust it by document units settings. Export error. Error to write data, message: Coordinate Z is out of range. Export to RFEM finished." How can I fix this error?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- How do I display the load combination description according to an action category, such as "D, L, W," instead of "LC1, LC2, LC3"?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?