We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
UPD 002 | Program Version Update x.24
First Steps with RFEM
In this video, you can learn more about the most important new features and improvements in the latest program version.
Features in RFEM 5.24 and RSTAB 8.24:
- Update of material and cross-section libraries
Features in RWIND Simulation 1.24:
- Display cp coefficients
- Visualize turbulences
- Set individual result values using point and line probes
- RWIND Simulation in main printout report
Dlubal Update RWIND Simulation RFEM 5.24 RSTAB 8.24 New customer version New materials New cross-sections Library Cp coefficient Turbulences Printout report CFD wind simulation Generate wind loads FE mesh Customer version What's new at Dlubal What's new in RFEM What's new in RSTAB Update report
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Pneumatic Roof Structure
Tower structure made of steel
Concert stage with membrane roof
Laterally Open Structure
Supporting Structure with Tapered Frame
Facade in Form of Honeycomb
Wooden gallery with pneumatic cushion
Dlubal Building in Philadelphia
Glass Railing as Solid Model
Knowledge Base Articles
RFEM and RSTAB include an extensive material library, which can be extended by user‑defined materials. As of the version X.05, the material library provides a comfortable full‑text search. In this way, you can find materials more quickly.
Product Features Articles
When you start the analysis in the interface program, a batch process starts that puts all member, surface, and solid definitions of the RFEM/RSTAB model rotated with all relevant factors in the numerical RWIND Simulation wind tunnel, analyzes the model, and returns the resulting surface pressures as FE node loads or member loads to the respective load cases in RFEM and RSTAB.
These load cases containing RWIND Simulation loads can be calculated and combined with other loads in load combinations and result combinations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the difference between an upgrade and an update?
- After installing RFEM 5.20.01 or RSTAB 8.20.01, our network license does not work any more. What can we do?
- Are the upcoming upgrades of RFEM/RSTAB and the individual programs included in a service contract?
- After an update of RSTAB, my .rst files, which have been used by another program, are always opened with RSTAB. However, the .rst file does not belong to RSTAB, but to another program. How do I control the association of the file type?
- Why are the commands added in toolbars sometimes lost after the update?
- Is the update installed over the old version? Or is a parallel version of the program created?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- I would like to use the export of visual objects to RWIND Simulation. How do I scale my visual object for the import?
- How can I compile special program packages by Dlubal Software?
- Where are the RWIND Simulation projects created by RFEM/RSTAB saved?