We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
T&T 004 | Modeling - Favorite Groups
First Steps with RFEM
Frequently used materials and cross-sections can be summarized in favorite lists and allow faster selection during modeling. This video shows how to create a favorite group in the material and cross-section library.
- RFEM 5 Online Manual
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
RFEM and RSTAB include an extensive material library, which can be extended by user‑defined materials. As of the version X.05, the material library provides a comfortable full‑text search. In this way, you can find materials more quickly.
Product Features Articles
Extensive cross‑section and material libraries facilitate modeling of plate and beam structures. These libraries can be filtered and extended by user‑defined entries. It is possible to import and analyze special cross‑sections from SHAPE‑THIN and SHAPE‑MASSIVE.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- In my model, I use members with the cross-section IPE 140. Why does the cross-section of the members change if I add new members as IPE 200? How can I enter different cross-sections?
- In the cross-section library, I get an error message saying that the material is not assigned to a cross-section. What should I do?
- How can I import a parameterized cross-section table into the cross-section library?
- How can I create a user-defined material?
- How can I change the parameter of a rolled cross-section from the cross-section library?
- Since only a few cross-sections are usually used for daily work, it would be advantageous if only these could be displayed in the cross-section library. What is the possibility here?
- Is it possible to save material libraries on a server, so that every user has the access?
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- Is it possible to calculate and design "temporary structures"? What do I need for this?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?