We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Online Training | RFEM for Students
First Steps with RFEM
This free online training for students about RFEM shows important features and modeling options by using practical examples.
This recording was created on Tuesday, Nov 10, 2020.
00:03:15 Basic principles of FEA
00:10:19 Introduction to RFEM
00:24:46 Introduction example: continuous plate
01:29:59 Plate theory
01:52:48 Stability analysis: Euler Case 1
02:31:58 Moment frame
02:40:56 Concrete model
02:52:54 Questions and discussion
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The classification of cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-1 and EN 1993-1-5 can be carried out automatically in the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module. The maximum c/t ratios are specified in the standard for straight cross -section parts. There are no normative specifications for curved cross -section parts and therefore the cross -section classification cannot be performed for these cross -section parts.
Product Features Articles
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- How do I display the nodal displacements graphically?
- Are silos/tanks possible to export from RFEM into Revit?
- Is it possible to also have RFEM output the area of each finite element along with its location?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2017 freely available, and can you send them to me?
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?
- Is it possible to perform automatic live load reduction in RFEM or RSTAB per the ASCE, IBC, or NBCC?
- Is the Gust-effect (G or Gf) from the ASCE 7-16 Sect. 26.11 considered in RWIND Simulation?