Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Roller Support with Seating Cleat
Steel section connection
Pneumatic Roof Structure
3D steel platform
Membrane Structure with Cutting Patterns<br>
3D steel hall
Wind effect on PV tracker system
Truss girder made of steel with connection
Knowledge Base Articles
Design of a K-hollow section node from architecturally appealing KHP sections. Notes on special features of the design.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does RSBUCK take into account the stability problem of lateral-torsional or torsional-flexural buckling?
- How do I display the nodal displacements graphically?
- I would like to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support, by means of surface releases. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- Are silos/tanks possible to export from RFEM into Revit?
- I would like to perform a stability analysis of the upper flange in a long truss. What is the best way to proceed?
- I perform design in RF‑/STEEL AISC for result combinations from RF‑/DYNAM Pro and get the error message "Not designable - Null value of the critical moment on the segment." What should I do?
- What are the StandardID and AnnexID of various National Annexes for the processing using the COM interface?
- The design of my connection is not possible because of an incorrect geometry input. What can I do?
- How can I design any SHAPE‑THIN cross-section in detail in RFEM or RSTAB?
- In connection with the calculation according to Theory III. Order, I get significantly smaller deformations than when calculating according to Theory I. or II. Order. How is this possible?