I would like to enter a reinforced concrete beam that is wider at the bottom side than at the upper side. Do I have to define two separate beams and couple them? Or is there a special type of cross-section?


As an alternative to the rectangular cross-section, there is also a "rotated unsymmetric floor beam," which can be created as a cross-section by using the cross-section library.

Figure 01 - Cross-section of Reinforced Concrete Coating

Subsequently, this cross-section can also be designed in RF‑CONCRETE Members or CONCRETE.


Rotated floor beam Concrete design Cross-section Reinforced concrete Beam



Contact us

Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.

+49 9673 9203 0


RFEM Main Program
RFEM 5.xx

Main Program

Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements

Price of First License
3,540.00 USD
RSTAB Main Program
RSTAB 8.xx

Main Program

The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions

Price of First License
2,550.00 USD