This technical article presents some basics for using the Torsional Warping add-on (7 DOF). It is fully integrated into the main program and allows you to consider the cross-section warping when calculating member elements. In combination with the Stability Analysis and Steel Design add-ons, it is possible to perform the lateral-torsional buckling design with internal forces according to the second-order analysis, taking into account imperfections.
- Do you provide a free viewer to open the RFEM 6 or RSTAB 9 files?
- Is the import from Microsoft Excel still available in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- Is it possible to manually create page breaks in a printout report?
- Can I export a response spectrum from RFEM 6 and use it in RFEM 5, for example?
- How can I carry out a system diagnostics in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9 and send it to customer support?
- Is it possible to adjust the layout (for example, the header) in the printout report in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
Where can I find the display options for results?
In RFEM 5 and RSTAB 8, they could be found in the Display navigator.
- Is it possible to create different section planes for the visualization of results?
- How can I select objects one after the other or add them to a selection? And how does the deselection or removal of the objects from the selection work?
- Are there only online licenses for RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
RFEM 6 structural analysis software is the basis of a modular software system. The main RFEM 6 program is used to define structures, materials, and loads of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, and members. The program also allows you to create combined structures as well as to model solid and contact elements.
The RSTAB 9 structural frame analysis and design program contains a similar range of functions as the FEA RFEM software, paying special attention to frameworks. It is, therefore, very easy to use and for many years it has been the best choice for structural analysis of beam structures consisting of steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and other materials.