Beam - Statics-Based Determination
Model to Download
For a beam that is only subjected to tension, the reinforcement is determined according to EN-1992-1-1. This model was used to show how the RFEM calculation software automatically processes data about the concrete reinforcement required according to the Eurocodes.
Model Used in
- Views 115x
- Downloads 17x
- Updated 06/16/2021
This article deals with the determination of the concrete reinforcement for a beam stressed by tension only according to EN 1992-1-1. The aim is to show the tensile load of a member-type element (without imposed deformations) and to define the concrete reinforcement in accordance with the standard's construction rules and provisions using the RFEM structural analysis software.
Window '1.1 General Data' for Serviceability Limit State with Settings for Nonlinear Calculation According to 
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- Why does the note 155) appear as a result of the reinforced concrete design of members for the existing stirrup reinforcement?
- What does the "Crack formation in the first 28 days" option means?
- I have recently purchased RSTAB with the CONCRETE add-on module. Can I use it to perform the stability analysis of reinforced concrete columns?
- Why do RF‑CONCRETE Members or CONCRETE determine a significantly higher provided reinforcement than the required reinforcement?
- Why do I get Error No. 10203 for a result beam when performing design with RF‑CONCRETE Members?
- Which tensile strength of concrete is used for the transition from State I to State II? fctm or fct;0.05?
- Is it possible to define the damage parameter ζ manually for the calculation with RF‑CONCRETE Deflect? In such a way that it should always be at least 0.5?
- Is it possible to display the curvatures or the radius of a slab in the element nodes?
- Is it also possible to graphically display the intermediate values or design details from the calculation in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- How do I display the utilization ratio of a compression column in RF‑CONCRETE Members?