Multi-Story Reinforced Concrete Building
Model to Download
Download the model of a multi-story reinforced concrete building here and open it with the FEA software RFEM.
This model is used in the free webinar "Seismic Analysis According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9" on November 2, 2021 (English, November 30, 2021 in German).
Model Used in
- Views 262x
- Downloads 56x
- Updated 12/13/2021
- Number of Nodes 258
- Number of Lines 281
- Number of Members 121
- Number of Surfaces 53
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 7
- Number of Load Combinations 1
- Number of Result Combinations 2
- Total Weight 2,733.234 t
- Dimensions 68,9 x 91,86 x 85,3 feet
Seismic Analysis in RFEM 6 is possible by using the modal analysis and the response spectrum analysis add-ons. As a matter of fact, the general concept of the earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 is based on the creation of a load case for the modal analysis and the response spectrum analysis, respectively. The standard group for these analyses are set in the Standards II tab of the model’s Base Data.
Seismic Analysis According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 | Tuesday, November 30, 2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CET
Seismic Design According to EC 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 | Thursday 02/12/2021 | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM CET
Compared to the RF-/DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations add-on module (RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Modal Analysis add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- Preset combination coefficients for various standards (EC 8, ASCE, etc.)
- Optional neglect of masses (e.g. mass of foundations)
- Methods for determining the number of mode shapes (user-defined, automatic - to reach effective modal mass factors, automatic - to reach the maximum natural frequency)
- Output of modal masses, effective modal masses, modal mass factors, and participation factors
- Tabular and graphical output of masses in mesh points
- Various scaling options for mode shapes in the result navigator
- Is the German National Annex 2021‑07 to Eurocode 8 available in RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8?
- Can I export a response spectrum from RFEM 6 and use it in RFEM 5, for example?
- Where can I adjust the standardization of a mode shape in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
- How can I neglect masses in my modal analysis in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
- How can I analyze the failure of an object, such as a column, in my modal analysis?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- How can I perform an earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How can I display mode shapes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- There are two different add-on modules for a response spectrum analysis in RF‑/DYNAM Pro. What can be the reasons for the different results of both add-on modules?