Multi-Story Reinforced Concrete Building
Model to Download
Download the model of a multi-story reinforced concrete building here and open it with the FEA software RFEM.
This model is used in the free webinar "Seismic Analysis According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9" on November 2, 2021 (English, November 30, 2021 in German).
Model Used in
- Views 253x
- Downloads 53x
- Updated 13 December 2021
- Number of Nodes 258
- Number of Lines 281
- Number of Members 121
- Number of Surfaces 53
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 7
- Number of Load Combinations 1
- Number of Result Combinations 2
- Total Weight 2,733.234 t
- Dimensions 21,000 x 28,000 x 26,000 m
Seismic Analysis in RFEM 6 is possible by using the modal analysis and the response spectrum analysis add-ons. As a matter of fact, the general concept of the earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 is based on the creation of a load case for the modal analysis and the response spectrum analysis, respectively. The standard group for these analyses are set in the Standards II tab of the model’s Base Data.
Seismic Analysis According to Eurocode 8 in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 | Tuesday 30 November 2021 | 2.00 PM - 3.00 PM CET
Compared to the RF-/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module (RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Response Spectrum Analysis add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- Response spectra of numerous standards (EN 1998, DIN 4149, IBC 2018, etc.)
- User-defined response spectra or those generated from accelerograms
- Approach of direction-related response spectra
- Results are stored centrally in a load case with underlying levels to ensure clarity
- Accidental torsional actions can be taken into account automatically
- Automatic combinations of seismic loads with the other load cases for use in an accidental design situation
- Is the German National Annex 2021‑07 to Eurocode 8 available in RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8?
- Can I export a response spectrum from RFEM 6 and use it in RFEM 5, for example?
- How can I neglect masses in my modal analysis in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
- How can I analyze the failure of an object, such as a column, in my modal analysis?
- Where can I adjust the standardization of a mode shape in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- How can I perform an earthquake analysis in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How can I display mode shapes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- There are two different add-on modules for a response spectrum analysis in RF‑/DYNAM Pro. What can be the reasons for the different results of both add-on modules?