Model to Download
Download the model of a metal-tensile structure composed of members, cables, and fabrics and open it with the finite element analysis software RFEM 6.
This model is used in the webinar "Form-Finding and Calculation of Metal-Tensile Structures in RFEM 6" from May 18, 2022.
Model Used in
- Views 215x
- Downloads 29x
- Updated 05/30/2022
- Number of Nodes 147
- Number of Lines 198
- Number of Members 198
- Number of Surfaces 12
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 4
- Number of Load Combinations 9
- Number of Result Combinations 0
- Total Weight 3.384 t
- Dimensions 127,86 x 34,12 x 147,64 feet
This article shows how to manage the input data for member and surface design configurations within the Stress-Strain Analysis add-on.
Cutting Patterns for Fabric with Surface Treatment (Top) and for Textile Mesh Without Surface Treatment (Bottom)
How do I create a user-defined fabric?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- Although I modeled two identical systems, I got a different shape. Why?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF‑FORM‑FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures". What do I need for this?