Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-LAMINATE Add-on Module for RFEM
Design of Laminate Surfaces
The RF-LAMINATE add‑on module performs deflection analysis and stress designs of laminate surfaces. The calculation considering shear coupling uses the laminate theory.
Based on a user‑defined layer structure, the module creates a local overall stiffness matrix for the respective surface. RF‑LAMINATE designs for example cross‑laminated timber elements (CLT), glass fiber reinforced plastic, or prefabricates to calculate the layer elements.
The following standards are available:
- ANSI/AWC NDS-2015 (LRFD and ASD)
- ANSI/AWC NDS-2018 (LRFD and ASD)
- EN 1995‑1‑1:2004‑11 (including National Annexes)
- DIN 1052:2010‑12
- Code independent (analysis only)
- General stress analysis
- Graphical and numerical results of stresses and stress ratios fully integrated in RFEM
- Flexible design with different layer compositions
- High efficiency due to few entries required
- Flexibility due to detailed setting options for calculation basis and extent
- Based on the selected material model and the layers contained, a local overall stiffness matrix of the surface in RFEM is generated. The following material models are available:
- Hybrid (for combinations of material models)
- Option to save frequently used layer structures in a database
- Determination of basic, shear and equivalent stresses
- In addition to the basic stresses, the required stresses according to the standard DIN EN 1995-1-1 and the interaction of those stresses are available as results.
- Stress analysis for structural parts of almost any shape
- Equivalent stresses calculated according to different approaches:
- Shape modification hypothesis (von Mises)
- Maximum shear stress theory (Tresca)
- Maximum principal stress criterion (Rankine)
- Principal strain criterion (Bach)
- Calculation of transversal shear stresses according to Mindlin, Kirchhoff, or user-defined specifications
- Serviceability limit state design by checking surface displacements
- User-defined specifications of limit deflections
- Possibility to consider layer coupling
- Detailed results including various stress components and ratios in tables and graphic
- Results of stresses for each layer in the model
- Parts list of designed surfaces
- Possible coupling of layers entirely without shear
It is necessary to select load cases, load combinations, and result combinations for the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design. After selecting the surfaces to be designed, you can define the relevant material model.
The structure of layers forming the basis for the stiffness calculation can vary. You can adjust the parameters defined by the selected material model according to your individual needs. The 3*3 matrix of the layers is modifiable as well. In this way, the RF-LAMINATE add-on module provides a completely free selection when generating the stiffnesses.
The limit stresses of each layer are defined by the selected material. It is possible to adjust the values by user-defined specifications.
After the calculation, the maximum stresses, stress ratios, and displacements are displayed by load case, surface, or grid points.You can display the stress ratio for any kind of stress type. The current location is highlighted in the RFEM analytical model.
In addition to the result evaluation in tables, it is possible to display the stresses and stress ratios graphically in the RFEM work window. For this, you can adjust the colors and values assigned in the panel.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Customers who bought this product also bought
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)
Module Extension for RFEM
Extension of the modules for reinforced concrete design by the Eurocode 2 design
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Consideration of nonlinear material laws
Reinforced concrete design according to the model column method (method based on nominal curvature)
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Design of indirect timber connections with dowel-type fasteners and steel plates according to NDS and Eurocode 5
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Physical and geometrical nonlinear calculation of beam and plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete
Punching shear design of foundations and slabs with nodal and line supports
Analytical deformation analysis of plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete
Soil-structure interaction analysis and determination of elastic foundation coefficients based on soil data
Comparison of results with defined limit values
Module Extension for RF-STEEL EC3
Warping torsion analysis according to the second-order theory with 7 degrees of freedom