Elastic Surface Foundation with High Spring Constant
Unable to find the answer to your question? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum, or send us your question directly through our online form.Submit Individual Question
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
- Is it possible to switch off the minimum internal forces when displaying a result diagram so that the maximum values are only displayed?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I would like to define a line support with ineffective tension and apply the tension force on this line by using a nodal support instead. Why does the line support still receive a tension force?
- How can I display the internal forces in the global coordinate system and not in the principal coordinate system of the cross-section?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?
- A single-span beam consisting of several apparently straight members receives small torsional moments in the load case of "dead load." Why?
- Does the program check the lap length of the vertical stirrups of a block foundation with smooth bucket sides?
- When comparing RF‑CONCRETE Columns with another design software, I get different results. How to explain the differences?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
The design criterion for VEd/VRd,c is displayed as governing, although there should be a shear reinforcement designed. Also, the design of VEd/VRds is missing. Why?