We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the main programs RFEM and RSTAB.
Example of Concrete
Model to Download
Download the model of a reinforced concrete building here and open it with the finite element program RFEM.
This model was used for FAQ 4630, among others.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- For which countries can I use the snow load generator in RFEM / RSTAB?
- Which load direction should I selected for members and surfaces in the case of a wind load?
- For a tapered member, I get the error message "Invalid (incompatible) arrangement ...". What can I do?
- How can I teach the program that it automatically increases the longitudinal reinforcement when calculating the deflection of the slabs so that the specified deflection is met?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- I calculate the deformations at time 0 and at time infinite. The deformations at the time infinite seem plausible to me. The deformations at time 0 seem significantly smaller and therefore implausible. What is the reason?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?