You can download this structural model to use it for training purposes or for your projects. However, we do not assume any guarantee or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the model.
Model to Download
Footing detail with shear key, base plate, anchor rods and anchor bars
- Views 299x
- Downloads 97x
- Updated 30 November 2020
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
If a model should contain members with elastic foundation, the contact forces and moments are displayed in numerical form in result windows. The graphical display of results is specified by the ‘Members’ entry in the Results navigator.
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is there a way how to easily prevent RF‑SOILIN from recalculating the foundation every time the load in the governing load case is changed?
- For a tapered member, I get the error message "Invalid (incompatible) arrangement ...". What can I do?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
- I cannot find any reason why no plastic design is performed for a class 1 cross-section. Normally, you have to select the check box for the elastic design.