You can download this structural model to use it for training purposes or for your projects. However, we do not assume any guarantee or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the model.
Comparison of Soil Models
Model to Download
Model Used in
- Views 201x
- Downloads 60x
- Updated 25 November 2020
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
A foundation is usually created in RFEM using the subgrade reaction modulus method. The reason for this is the relatively easy and straightforward manageability. Also, no iterative calculations are necessary and the computing time is relatively small. The subgrade reaction means that, for example, a foundation plate is loaded flat elastically.
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
RFEM and RSTAB models can be saved as 3D glTF models (*.glb and *.glTF formats). You can use a 3D viewer to view, rotate, etc. the models.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- For the settlement calculation in the RF‑SOILIN add-on module, the specific weight gamma and gamma,sat are required for the soil. What do I need the value gamma,sat for, and how is it assumed in the calculation?
- Is there a way how to easily prevent RF‑SOILIN from recalculating the foundation every time the load in the governing load case is changed?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- How can I teach the program that it automatically increases the longitudinal reinforcement when calculating the deflection of the slabs so that the specified deflection is met?
- I calculate the deformations at time 0 and at time infinite. The deformations at the time infinite seem plausible to me. The deformations at time 0 seem significantly smaller and therefore implausible. What is the reason?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?