Two-Story Building Made of Cross-Laminated Timber
Model to Download
Two-story building made of cross-laminated timber
- Views 318x
- Downloads 62x
- Updated 30 December 2020
Since wind on laterally open structures is not addressed in the Eurocode, the 4 cases of the German DIN 1055 Part 4 are referenced.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The protocol lacks information on the limit time for the assessment of fire resistance R in the RF-TIMBER Pro add-on module. Can this information be added to the report?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- I have defined temperature loads, strain loads, or a precamber. As soon as I modify stiffnesses, the deformations are no longer plausible.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get the error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the error that says torsion limit exceeded. How do I bypass this error message?