Two-Story Timber Building Made of Cross-Laminated Timber
Model to Download
Two-story timber building made of cross-laminated timber using the RF-LAMINATE add-on module
Model Used in
- Statiksoftware für Laminat-, Sandwichtragwerke und Brettsperrholz (BSP)
- Product description of the RF-LAMINATE add-on module
- Design of CLT panels in RF-LAMINATE
- Views 273x
- Downloads 34x
- Updated 28 December 2020
The stiffening of timber structures is usually carried out by means of timber panels. For this purpose, structural components consisting of slabs (chipboards, OSB) are connected with members.
RSTAB Model for the TD Place Stadium Timber Cladding Located in Ottawa, Canada (© Moses Structural Engineers Inc.)
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Which Dlubal Software programs can I use to calculate and design timber structures?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- Is it possible to design the support pressure or the compression perpendicular to the grain in RX‑TIMBER?
- After the design with RF‑/TIMBER Pro, I optimized a cross-section. Why is the utilization of the optimized cross-section exceeded now?
- Why are the stresses of the 90° orientation not displayed for a layer with the orthotropy direction 90° for σb,90 in RF‑LAMINATE?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I run the RX‑TIMBER Frame plugin? I did not find it in the Add-on Modules menu nor in Project Navigator - Data.
- I have a question about the results of the serviceability limit state design: How is the increment of the dead load by the factor 1.8 and the imposed load by 1.48 explained in the result combinations for the SLS design?