Model to Download
Model Used in
- FAQ 002528 | Internal Forces at Certain Nodes in Printout Report
- FAQ 002621 | Export of Nodal Support Forces to Excel Spreadsheet
- FAQ 000067 | Creating Nodes at Connection Point
- FAQ 003301 | Setting Sheet Size for Printout Report
- FAQ 002386 | Setting Cross-Section Description in Panel
- FAQ 001106 | Changing Method of Analysis of Load Cases and Load Combinations
- FAQ 003110 | Calculation of Cable
The calculation of complex structures by means of finite element analysis software is generally performed on the entire model. However, the construction of such structures is a process carried out in multiple stages where the final state of the building is achieved by combining the separate structural parts. To avoid errors in the calculation of overall models, the influence of the construction process must be considered. In RFEM 6, this is possible by using the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) add-on.
Compared to the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module (RFEM 5/RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Steel Design add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- In addition to Eurocode 3, other international standards are integrated (e.g. AISC 360, CSA S16, GB 50017, SP 16.13330)
- Consideration of hot-dip galvanizing (DASt guideline 027) in the fire protection design according to EN 1993-1-2
- Input option for transverse stiffeners that can be taken into account in the shear buckling analysis
- Lateral-torsional buckling can also be checked for hollow sections (e.g. relevant for slender, high rectangular hollow sections)
- Automatic detection of members or member sets valid for the design (e.g. automatic deactivation of members with invalid material or members already contained in a set of members)
- Design settings can be adjusted individually for each member
- Graphical display of the results in the gross section or the effective section
- Output of the used design check formulas (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- How can I optimize cross-sections within the steel design?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??