Model to Download
Model for FAQ 001443
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Timber-Timber to Timber | Design of direct timber connections according to Eurocode 5
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER SANS | Design of members made of timber according to SANS 10163 (South African standard)
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- Is it possible to transfer properties, such as the cross-section, or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface, of an existing element to a new element?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?