RF-SOILIN Add-on Module for RFEM
Determination of Elastic Foundation Coefficients by Means of Soil Data
The RF-SOILIN add‑on module determines the elastic foundation by means of soil layers. A realistic determination of soil conditions is important for the structural analysis of buildings.
Designs are performed according to the following standards:
- DIN 4019‑1:1979‑04
- EN 1997‑1:2004
- CSN 73 1001
- Code independent (analysis only)
- Realistic representation of interaction between building and soil
- Extendable library of soil properties
- Consideration of several soil samples (probes) at different locations, even outside the building
- Consideration of groundwater level as well as side effects due to excavation and rock at last layer
- Calculation of elastic foundation coefficients
- Determination and graphical display of stress diagrams and settlements in grid points
It is necessary to define soil layers in a clearly-arranged input window. An extendable library facilitates the selection of soil properties.
The elasticity can be defined either by the stiffness modulus or the modulus of elasticity and the Poisson's ratio. It is possible to define any number of soil layers. You can assign the layers to the building graphically or by entering the relevant coordinates.
Elastic foundation coefficients are calculated according to the non-linear iterative method. The module determines elastic foundation coefficients for each individual element, depending on deformation.
The calculated stresses and settlements are displayed in result windows. In addition, it is possible to evaluate the results graphically. The graphic displays the position and the layer arrangement of the soil samples to clarify the results.
The final result window shows the elastic foundation coefficients. Graphical evaluation is possible as well.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)