RF-SOILIN | Input
Definition of soil layers is performed in a clearly arranged input window. An extendable library facilitates the selection of soil properties.
The elasticity can be defined either by the stiffness modulus or the modulus of elasticity and the Poisson's ratio. It is possible to define any number of soil layers. You can assign the layers to the building graphically or by entering the relevant coordinates.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Settlement within a structural system can also affect surrounding structures.
Product Features Articles
The calculated stresses and settlements are displayed in result windows. In addition, it is possible to evaluate the results graphically. The graphic displays the position and the layer arrangement of the soil samples to clarify the results.
The final result window shows the elastic foundation coefficients. Graphical evaluation is possible as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why do I obtain such high contact stresses at the foundation edges of my floor slab?
- What happens if I activate the "Soil failure" function in RF-SOILIN?
- Can I combine the nonlinear calculation in RF-CONCRETE NL with the determination of foundation coefficients in RF-SOILIN?
- For the settlement calculation in the RF‑SOILIN add-on module, the specific weight gamma and gamma,sat are required for the soil. What do I need the value gamma,sat for, and how is it assumed in the calculation?
- How can I change the Standard / National Annex set for the design in add-on modules?
- Can I also use RF‑SOILIN to calculate foundation bodies at different foundation heights in a model?
- Is there a way how to easily prevent RF‑SOILIN from recalculating the foundation every time the load in the governing load case is changed?
- How can I specify different moduli of subgrade reaction for a large floor slab?
- In the intermediate results of RF‑SOILIN, there are red values displayed. What is it all about?
- Currently, I have the problem that the calculation in RF-SOILIN takes extremely long time and does not converge. What can I do?