RF-/TOWER Loading Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Generation of Wind, Ice, and Variable Loads for Lattice Towers
The RF-/TOWER Loading add‑on module creates desing-relevant actions for RFEM/RSTAB, which can be defined as parameterized wind loads, ice loads, and variable loads.
- Consideration of the dead load of a tower including equipment
- Wind load distribution to exposed and shaded tower faces, or user-defined distribution
- Determination of wind loads applied to tower and equipment, especially for structures prone to vibration (gust factor)
- Assignment of surface and concentrated loads to platforms
- Optional reduction of total wind load on selected objects
- Determination of ice loads for icing classes G and R with preset ice thickness and ice flag lengths of frost
- Generation of variable load cases with surface and maintenance loads
The RF-/TOWER Loading add-on module meets the requirements of EN 1991-1-4 / DIN EN 1993-3-1, DIN 1055-4, DIN 4131:1991-11, and DIN V 4131:2008-09. These standards include specifications of dead, wind, maintenance/technician and ice loads (ISO 12494 or DIN 1055-5) as well as variable loads. The standard specifications are preset or available in the libraries.
For generation of wind loads according to Eurocode, the National Annexes (NA) of the following countries are available:
- DIN EN 1991-1-4 (Germany)
- NBN EN 1991-1-4 (Belgium)
- NA to CYS EN 1991-1-4 (Cyprus)
- CSN EN 1994-1-4 (Czech Republic)
- DK EN 1991-1-4 (Denmark)
- SFS-EN 1991-1-4 (Finland)
- NF EN 1991-1-4 (France)
- UNI EN 1991-1-4 (Italy)
- NEN EN 1991-1-4 (Netherlands)
- SR EN 1991-1-4 (Romania)
- SS EN 1991-1-4 (Singapore)
- STN EN 1991-1-4 (Slovakia)
- SIST EN 1991-1-4 (Slovenia)
- SS-EN 1991-1-4 (Sweden)
It is possible to generate individual load situations: You can set the wind pressure, wind direction, or ice loads manually or import them from tables.
After generating the loads, you can check the results in clearly-arranged tables including all information about generated load cases as well as dead, wind and ice loads. All loads are sorted by structural object and tower equipment.
The generated loads can be easily transferred to RFEM/RSTAB in order to superimpose other load cases. All module data is included in the RFEM/RSTAB printout report.
The report contents and the extent of the results can be selected specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-TOWER Loading 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
TOWER Loading 8.xx