- This online training provides solutions to your current design projects.
- Our qualified training instructors have the necessary expertise and experience.
- Gain valuable program insight for increased company efficiency and decreased overhead costs.
- You have no additional costs for travel, accommodation, etc.
Eurocode 3 | Steel structures according to DIN EN 1993-1-1
Information about online training
Why Attend the Online Training?
Online group training sessions provide the opportunity to gain expert knowledge and to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Dlubal programs.
Date | Time
ContentOnline training on steel design according to DIN EN 1993-1-1 | Theory and Practical Examples
Target is to give an introduction to Eurocode 3, Part 1-1. The application of the additional steel construction modules for the standard-compliant dimensioning according to EC 3 will be explained using selected practical examples.
Price195.00 EUR incl. tax
|-||Cross-Section design in ULS|
|-||Stability Analysis in ULS|
|-||Design in SLS|
Additional informationA reliable internet connection is required to participate. Basic knowledge in the use of RSTAB or RFEM is also required. The online training is carried out using RFEM with the associated add-on modules.
During the training, each participant can ask questions via chat at any time.
Each participant receives after the event
- Training certificate
- Training presentation for download
- Used models for download
- Video recording of the training
Dipl.-Ing. Oliver Müller
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Müller is responsible for the development of the add-on modules for steel structures and provides technical support for our customers.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Frank Sonntag, M.Sc.
Sales & Customer Support
Mr. Sonntag coordinates the Dlubal Software office in Leipzig and is responsible for sales and customer support.
- Steel Structural Analysis & Design Software
- Product Description | RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module for RFEM/RSTAB
Do you have questions about our group training courses?
Just contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support.
If you are interested in a specific topic that is not included in a group training, please ask for an Individual Seminar.
"I have watched the webinar recording "Design of Cross-laminated Timber Panels (CLT) According to Eurocode 5" on YouTube and I am impressed by about the program and the very good presentation.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Is it possible to set a plastic calculation of the internal forces in RSTAB or are the internal forces exclusively calculated elastically?
- Which programs and add-on modules are suitable for the structural analysis and design of steel structures?
- The design ratio of the cross-section check is different for the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. What is the reason?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, that is, the design against pulling out the column?
- How can I create a drilled beam in RFEM?
- For which programs is the STEEL Warping Torsion add-on module available?
- In the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module, I obtain an extremely high design ratio for a member in the case of "Biaxial bending, shear and axial force." Although the axial force is relatively high, the design ratio seems to be unrealistic. What is the reason?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members