We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
RWIND Simulation | Canopy Roofs According to Eurocode 1 in Wind Channel (Case A)
First Steps with RFEM
This video shows the realistic "Airflow over canopy roofs" in RWIND Simulation. RWIND Simulation can generate the exact wind flow for the first case in EN 1991-1-4 Section 7.3 Figure 7.15 (empty, free-standing canopy (φ = 0)) and export the resulting loads to RFEM.
RWIND Simulation is a stand-alone program for CFD simulation of wind flows around buildings or any other objects and generating wind loads, i.e. forces acting on these objects. Wind pressure and suction forces can be imported as loads into the structural analysis software RFEM or RSTAB.
RWIND Simulation Calculating Wind Loads CFD Wind Analysis Wind Speed Wind Tunnel of a Building Canopy Roof Eurocode 1 EN 1991-1-4 Figure 7.15 Airflow over canopy roofs Wind simulation Wind Tunnel Wind Stream Wind flow analysis Flow analysis Numerical wind tunnel OpenFOAM Shrink wrap Wind Load Generation Wind simulation software Digital wind tunnel CFD wind simulation program Determination of wind currents Wind effects on the building
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Knowledge Base Articles
Computer technology has a firm grip on digital structural analysis and design. With each new development, the involved planners are able to push the limits of what is feasible upwards.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is the optimal wind tunnel size in RWIND Simulation?
Is there the ability to apply the adjusted wind tunnel dimensions in RWIND Simulation for all wind load cases instead of making the revision manually for each load case?
- On the dlubal.com website, I found the option to display the results along a line, or the option to enter the points manually. Where can I find this result view?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- How can I delete the RWIND Simulation results in an RFEM or RSTAB model?
- Is it possible to display the RWIND Simulation results in ParaView?
- How is the Cp coefficient of the surface result determined in RWIND Simulation?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- Why is the surface pressure distribution in RFEM different from the corresponding surface pressure distribution in RWIND Simulation?
- Why does RWIND Simulation not converge to the preset minimum pressure difference, but oscillates about a higher limit value?