We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 003099 | During the calculation in SHAPE‑THIN, the warning No. 280345 displayed in Figure 01 appears: "Elements are crossing without connection. Do you wish to interrupt the plausibility check?” What can I do?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionDuring the calculation in SHAPE‑THIN, the warning No. 280345 displayed in Figure 01 appears: "Elements are crossing without connection. Do you wish to interrupt the plausibility check?” What can I do?
The elements can be connected by using the "Connect Lines/Members" tool. You can access this function by using the Tools → Connect Elements menu or the corresponding button in the toolbar. In the work window, simply draw a window over the area where the elements are to be connected (Figure 2). It is not necessary to completely capture the objects.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
In cross‑sections created in SHAPE‑THIN, the openings, such as bolt holes, can be modeled by the elements with zero thickness. The program providestwo options for calculating the shear stresses in the area of these null elements.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- In which drawing plane must a cross-section be drawn in the CAD application so that it can be imported into SHAPE-THIN via the dxf import?
- The installation of a Dlubal Software program is not possible due to the following message: "Program unsafe, protection by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen." How can I install the program?
- I get the following message when starting all installed Dlubal programs (also when running as administrator): "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002)." What can I do?
- In SHAPE‑THIN, I get the error message saying that the material library cannot be opened. I have reinstalled the program and integrated the material library of another computer, but without any success. What should I do?
- The calculation of a file runs smoothly for my colleagues, but I get the message "Calculation stopped" for the same file. What should I do?
- When starting the Dlubal Software programs, the error message "Server is busy" appears. My colleagues do not experience this problem. I have already tried to reinstall. What should I do?
- What is the purpose of a fillet weld in SHAPE‑THIN?
- How can I display shear stresses on null elements in SHAPE‑THIN?
- How can I adjust the size of a graphic in the short form printout?
- How can I place a cross-section on another cross-section?