We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
FAQ 004573 | In my model, members are connected diagonally to each other. Is it possible to assign an oblique cut to the member ends?
First Steps with RFEM
QuestionIn my model, members are connected diagonally to each other. Is it possible to assign an oblique cut to the member ends?
No, it is not possible. Members are nothing more than lines with a stiffness assigned to them using the cross-section definition. Therefore, the member is always "cut" perpendicularly to the member axis in the rendering.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I cannot manage to correctly import the cross-section from a dxf file into the SHAPE‑THIN program, the imported cross-section is in a wrong plane. What can I do?
- Is it possible to calculate and design "temporary structures"? What do I need for this?
- I have installed Rhino 7. When trying to export the model to RFEM, the data are not transferred. What do I wrong?
- How can I find out in which version of RFEM/RSTAB was the model saved?
- I cannot activate an add-on module by using a Remote Desktop. Can you explain the error message to me?
- I often edit the reinforcement provided by the program. Adjusting the reinforcement by using coordinates takes much effort and time if having several beams in the model. Is there any way to speed up the reinforcement editing?
- How do I display the load combination description according to an action category, such as "D, L, W," instead of "LC1, LC2, LC3"?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I edit the list of parameters by using the COM interface?