We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
RWIND Simulation | Wind Simulation of a City
First Steps with RFEM
RWIND Simulation is a stand-alone program for CFD simulation of wind flow around buildings or any other objects and generating wind loads, i.e. forces acting on these objects. The wind pressures and suctions can be imported as loads into the structural analysis software RFEM or RSTAB.
RWIND Simulation Wind Simulation Wind Load Generation Wind Tunnel Wind Loads Building CFD Simulation Calculating Wind Loads CFD Wind Analysis Wind Engineering Wind Simulation City Nashville Tennessee Wind simulation Wind Stream Wind flow analysis Flow analysis Numerical wind tunnel OpenFOAM Shrink wrap Wind simulation software Digital wind tunnel CFD wind simulation program Determination of wind currents Wind effects on the building
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Buildings are structures surrounded by wind. The flow around it creates specific loads on the surfaces, which are to be used for the design in structural analysis.
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does RWIND Simulation determine the pressure due to the wind load on the model areas?
- Which mesh size should be set for a numerical wind flow analysis?
- In which case should the self-weight be activated in load cases such as wind?
- How can I retroactively apply a reinforcement to a modeled downstand beam, for example?
- I have a model with relatively short members as couplings. Unfortunately, the display of internal forces is confusing due to the shortness of the members. Is there a way to display the internal forces clearly?
- When starting the Dlubal programs, the error message "Server is busy" appears. The problem does not occur with my colleagues. I have already tried to reinstall. What should I do?
- I have a truss with a lower flange made of steel and wooden diagonals. I would like to design the connection of the diagonals, is this possible?
- Why is the surface pressure distribution in RFEM different from the corresponding surface pressure distribution in RWIND Simulation?
- Is it possible to also have RFEM output the area of each finite element along with its location?
- Are "rib" elements considered with Revit to RFEM integration?