We provide hints and tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
T&T 002 | Loads - Member Loads & Line Loads
First Steps with RFEM
This video explains the difference between member loads and line loads by using two models. The video also explains to which elements are the member loads and line loads applied.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Surface Model of Wind Pressure Distribution on China Central Television Headquarters Building
Knowledge Base Articles
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I have assigned a line load to a member. The message appears that the line is loaded, but does not belong to a surface.
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- A rigid member should only be able to absorb tensile forces or only compressive forces. What are the options for considering these nonlinearities in the calculation?
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
- How can I define a single moment in the middle of a surface?
- In a 3D model consisting of three identical floors, I applied a unit load of 1 kN/m² to the top slab to determine the spring stiffness of the supports for 2D modeling of the slabs from normal forces and deformations of the columns. Despite the deactivation of the self-weight of the structure, there is a redistribution of the column normal forces by storey. Is it possible to deactivate this effect?
- I have modeled two nodes on a surface in RFEM. The results do not show the displacement at these two nodes. How can I obtain it?
- How can I consider a hole in the web that is only near the support? The parameterization can only be applied to the centrally arranged holes with the same distance.