FAQ 002955 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
This article deals with rectilinear elements whose cross-section is subjected to axial compressive force. The purpose of this article is to show how quite a lot of parameters defined in the Eurocodes for concrete column calculation are considered in the RFEM structural analysis software.
Shear Stiffness of Plate (top), Shear Stiffness in x-Direction (middle), Shear Stiffness in y-Direction (bottom)
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- The calculation of my model results in unrealistically high stresses at many locations. What is the reason?
- Is it also possible to enter the temperature for a surface in the XZ plane by using the height (variable in Z)?
- Can I use surface releases to separate two overlapping surfaces?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available and can you send them to me?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- When converting from the manual definition of reinforcement areas to the automatic arrangement of reinforcement according to Window 1.4, the result of the deformation calculation differs, although the basic reinforcement has not been modified. What is the reason for this change?
- Does the program check the lap length of the vertical stirrups of a block foundation with smooth bucket sides?
- Why do I get a discontinuous area in the distribution of internal forces? In the area of the supported line, the shear force VEd shows a jump, which does not seems to be plausible.
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements