FAQ 003421 EN
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- How can I change the exponential display of the results to the display of integral numbers?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- In the global calculation parameters, the "Exceptional handling" option for members is grayed out and cannot be activated. What is the reason?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Is it possible to open an RSTAB file in RFEM and the other way round?
- I have recently purchased RSTAB with the CONCRETE add-on module. Can I use it to perform the stability analysis of reinforced concrete columns?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Is there any way to get a free student version of Dlubal Software (such as RFEM, RSTAB, RWIND Simulation) if I am not attending a university or college, but a high school, for example?
- How can I create a member eccentricity using the COM interface?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions